Wearing a golf glove is a common practice among golfers, as it provides extra grip and support for their hands. But what hand do you wear a golf glove on? This is a question that has puzzled many golfers, especially beginners. In this blog, we will take a look at the different factors that come into play when deciding which hand to wear a golf glove on.
Right-handed or Left-handed Golfers The first factor to consider when deciding which hand to wear a golf glove on is whether you are right-handed or left-handed. If you are right-handed, you should wear the glove on your left hand, as this is the hand that will grip the club. On the other hand, if you are left-handed, you should wear the glove on your right hand.
Golfers grip the club differently, and this can impact the choice of which hand to wear the glove on. Some golfers prefer a weak grip, where the left hand is positioned lower on the club and the right hand is positioned higher. In this case, it is best to wear the glove on the left hand. Other golfers prefer a strong grip, where both hands are positioned higher on the club. In this case, it is best to wear the glove on the right hand.
Another factor to consider when deciding which hand to wear a golf glove on is the weather conditions. If it is hot and humid, it is best to wear the glove on the hand that is not holding the club, as this will provide extra grip and prevent the hand from sweating. On the other hand, if it is cold, it is best to wear the glove on the hand that is holding the club, as this will provide extra warmth.
Ultimately, the choice of which hand to wear a golf glove on comes down to personal preference. Some golfers prefer to wear the glove on their non-dominant hand, as this provides extra grip and support. Others prefer to wear the glove on their dominant hand, as this provides extra comfort and control. It is important to try both options and find what works best for you.
Benefits of Wearing a Golf Glove:
Wearing a golf glove has several benefits, including:
- Extra Grip - A golf glove provides extra grip on the club, which can help prevent slipping and improve accuracy.
- Improved Comfort - A golf glove helps to reduce friction between the hand and the club, which can help to prevent blisters and other hand injuries.
- Better Control - A golf glove can help to provide better control over the club, as it allows for a firmer grip and prevents the hand from slipping.
- Extra Warmth - In cold weather, a golf glove can help to keep the hand warm, which can improve grip and overall performance.
- Sun Protection - A golf glove can also provide extra protection from the sun, which is especially important in hot and sunny conditions.
Tips for Choosing a Golf Glove:
When choosing a golf glove, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Size - Make sure that the glove fits properly and is not too tight or too loose.
- Material - Choose a golf glove made from high-quality materials that provide extra grip and support.
- Comfort - Make sure that the glove is comfortable to wear and does not cause any discomfort or irritation.
- Durability - Look for a golf glove that is durable and will last for a long time, even with regular use.